Crete, NE- The Iowa Western Community College Track & Field program competed on Saturday at the Ward Haylett Invitational hosted by Doane University. The men's team put together a strong performance qualifying four athletes for the national championships.
- Imar Tomlinson finished 4th in the 60m dash with a time of 7.00
- Aaron Westmoreland finished 5th in the 60m dash with a time of 7.02
- Chevannie Hanson won the men's 600m with a time of 1:21.93 (converted to 1:20.72) qualifying him for nationals. Chevannie is currently ranked 3rd in the nation.
- Shamar Deacon won the 1000m run and qualified for nationals with a time of 2:37.76 (converted to 2:35.62). Shamar is currently ranked 6th in the nation.
- Kassim Kibet won the 3000m with a time of 8:59.87 (converted to 8:53.67) and punching his ticket to the national meet, he is currently ranked 5th in the nation.
- Denzel Downing competed at the University of Nebraska this weekend running 8.36 in the 60mh qualifying him for nationals. He is currently ranked 6th in the nation.
- Jaquon Burns finished 6th in the 60mh running his fastest time in the prelims 8.56.
- Khalil Scott finished 5th in the men's long jump with a leap of 6.60m (21.8.00)
- Malik Redd finished 3rd in the men's triple jump with a leap of 13.37m (43-10.50)
The Reivers are back in action next weekend at the Northwest Open at Northwest Missouri State University