Crete, NE- The Iowa Western Community College Track & Field program competed on Saturday at the Ward Haylett Invitational hosted by Doane University. The women's team put together a strong performance qualifying six athletes for the national championships and winning two events. The day was highlighted by Freshman Amya Clarke breaking the Fieldhouse record in the 60m dash running 7.62 in the prelims.
- Amya Clarke broke the fieldhouse record in the 60m dash running 7.62 in the prelims. She won the final with a time of 7.66.
- Dorcas Gyimah won the 200m dash with a national qualifying time of 25.29 (converted to 24.91) she is currently ranked 3rd in the nation.
- Traci Brown was second in the 200m dash with a time of 26.15
- Asshanni Robb won the 1000m run with a time of 3:09 she is currently ranked 5th in the nation
- Janiya Davis-Hines got second in the 60mh with a national qualifying time of 9.09. She also finished with the third best long jump 5.30m just .10cm from qualifying for nationals.
- Kitra Bell finished third in the 60mh with a time of 9.17 she punched her ticket to nationals with that time.
- Zakiya Phillip-Horsford finished 11th in the Women's Weight Throw with a toss of 14.78m (48-06.00) that qualifies her for nationals.
The Reivers are back in action next weekend at the Northwest Open at Northwest Missouri State University